It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
Next Monday the Classics Club moderators will chose a number from 1-20 and participants will have until April 2nd to read the corresponding number from their list.
Here’s my list:
- Sense and Sensibility, Austen, 1811
- Pride and Prejudice, Austen, 1813
- Wuthering Heights, Bronte, 1847
- The House of the Seven Gables, Hawthorne, 1851
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, Twain, 1889
- The Country of the Pointed Firs, Jewett, 1896
- So Big, Ferber, 1924
- Mrs. Dalloway, Woolf, 1925
- To the Lighthouse, Woolf, 1927
- Mary Poppins, Travers, 1934
- The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck, 1939
- And Then There Were None, Christie, 1939
- Hiroshima, Hersey, 1946
- The Caine Mutiny, Wouk, 1951
- From Here to Eternity, Jones, 1951
- The Price of Salt, Highsmith, 1952
- Lord of the Flies, Golding, 1954
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle, Jackson, 1962
- Stoner, Williams, 1965
- Suite Francaise, Nemirovsky, 2006 (written in 1930s/40s)
Because I’m also taking the TBR Triple Dog Dare and only reading books I own until April 1st, I’ve chosen books that are already on my shelves (or in my Kobo eReader, as is the case with one of the above).
Have you read any of the above? Any favorites on this list?