|Two of the WW1 titles on my list.|
It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
How it works: On Monday, August 24th, the Classics Club moderators will choose a number between 1-20 and I’ll read the corresponding number from this list:
- Ivanhoe, Scott, 1819
- The House of the Seven Gables, Hawthorne, 1851
- Crime and Punishment, Dostoyevsky, 1866
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, Twain, 1889
- The Country of the Pointed Firs, Jewett, 1896
- Maurice, Forster, 1914
- The Good Soldier, Ford, 1915
- Three Soldiers, Dos Passos, 1921
- So Big, Ferber, 1924
- Goodbye to All That, Graves, 1929
- A Testament of Youth, Brittain, 1933
- The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck, 1939
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Smith, 1943
- From Here to Eternity, Jones, 1951
- The Price of Salt, Highsmith, 1952
- Lord of the Flies, Golding, 1954
- Giovanni’s Room, Baldwin, 1956
- Ship of Fools, Porter, 1962
- A Moveable Feast, Hemingway, 1964
- Slaughterhouse-Five, Vonnegut, 1969
How am I feeling about this list, you ask?
If numbers 3, 11, or 20 are picked, I’ll feel like this was a game of Russian roulette.
If numbers 2, 4, or 14 are picked, I’ll feel like I won the lottery.
These “iffy” attitudes may play-out very differently once the chosen book is actually read. Guess I’ll know by October 23, 2015 which is when Clubbers are supposed to have read their spin selection.
If you’re a reader of the classics or want to read more classics, join us over at The Classics Club blog!
Categories: The Classics Club